Traveling to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with the Google Pixel 2
Hey Travel Buggers,
You may have heard the news; I have teamed up with Google Canada to test out the new Google Pixel 2 smartphone! I was a little skeptical at first, as I was an avid iPhone user and had a serious attachment to my Canon DSLR camera. To my surprise, I can truly say that this phone has blown me away!
A few weeks ago, I travelled to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, for a girl’s trip. Our days were filled with many margaritas, beaching, breathtaking sunsets and amazing food; we couldn’t have asked for a better time! When I travel, I typically bring along all my “professional” camera equipment. I am very much inspired by new places, so I make sure I take high-quality photographs to fully capture the beauty of these destinations. I decided to only use the Google Pixel 2 phone for a few months and give it a real shot, even while I was travelling to Puerto Vallarta. Once I played around with the camera settings, I realized that the Pixel 2 shoots similar to a DSLR. I couldn’t believe it! The Pixel 2 can simply be a point and shoot camera or provide manual settings where you can adjust the aperture, depth of field and ISO – UNREAL! I have never used a phone with such amazing low light settings (take a peek at the sunset photos below)!
Some other sweet perks about the Pixel 2 camera:
- It shoots HDR+! High-dynamic-range imaging, a technique used to denoise images to create a crisp and high-definition look in photographs.
- It shoots in 4K, meaning it records videos in 4000-pixel resolution. Mainly professional video cameras shoot in 4K. (Stay tuned for my Mexico video using the Pixel 2.)
- It has great low-light settings. This means you can take some great photos at night without using flash. Thanks to ISO, combined with HDR, the Pixel 2 is probably the best low-light phone camera on the market.
- The physical phone itself is lightweight… This was a huge bonus for me. I did not have to lug around my heavy camera equipment while travelling.
- It is splash proof! Yes, I brought the phone to the pool with me and a few splashes did not phase the Pixel 2.
To sum it up, I was truly surprised by the camera on the Pixel 2. It really exceeded my expectations, especially for phone cameras. I can honestly say that this smartphone has the best camera on the market.
Don’t believe me? Take a look at the photos taken in Puerto Vallarta and decide for yourselves.